Greetings from VKMfanHuey!!!

Welcome to the Gingerology blog for the 1932 Fox film, Hat Check Girl!!!

Ginger ...

Please note the 'menu' above, which has various information regarding the film; to the right (just below the Gingerology link) there are additional links regarding the film.

Please feel free to leave a comment with any general info, links, pics, or just to say hi!

...And be sure to check out our 'main' site, Gingerology - just click on the Ginger pic to the right. There you'll find a list of ALL of Ginger Rogers' films; click on any one, and you will be directed to a 'dedicated' blog about that film (not unlike this blog).

Keep It Gingery, y'all!

VKMfanHuey

---

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Archive Post #1 - from Gingerology, originally posted October 10, 2009

OK...went over to TCM a few minutes ago...

...well, the website, not the 'brick-and-mortar' building... sifted down to 'Hat Check Girl', and left a review...which, of course, was REALLY a 'plea' to TCM, hoping they will show it, IF they have it... not sure if there will be a response or anything, but worth a shot, right?
...Not that clear a picture from 'Stage Door', but definitely a Hat I would like to Check!!!
...Hey, if y'all want to throw your two cents in as well, here is the specific link to HCG... just go to 'post a review' about halfway down the right side of the page:




and, just above the place to place a 'review' (i.e., 'plea'), there is a spot to vote for this movie to be released on DVD...which REALLY gets the gears in the mind to grinding, since they can consider it for DVD, then... they must HAVE IT!!!!

GINGEROLOGISTS UNITE!!!

...Keep it Gingery...
...Ginger is a Rockstar...
VKMfan.............OUT.

9 comments:

  1. ...Not that clear a picture from 'Stage Door', but definitely a Hat I would like to Check!!!

    The hat .. or the girl under the hat? ;)

    Mm, Stage Door, I'm dying to see that movie. I must get the dvd soon.
     
  2. "The hat .. or the girl under the hat? ;)"
    I know the answer to that one.

    OH MARIA YOU NEED TO SEE STAGE DOOR! It's one of my favourite movies period!

    Lauren
     
  3. haha, I think we all know it ;)

    I'm wanna see it so much. The other day I saw a clip on youtube and, damn it! She was wonderful in it. I really hope to get it soon.
     
  4. I hate watching movies on YouTube, but if you are really desperate, it's on there. (Last I checked anyway.)

    Lauren
     
  5. Me too, lauren. That's why I want to wait a little and get the dvd to watch properly.
     
  6. ...I think Lauren has me pegged... oh, well...guilty as charged!

    Stage Door is a great one... so much dialouge - you can watch it over and over and catch new stuff each time! Of course, it is well worth the price, just for the VKM - Kate matchup...
     
  7. I left a comment on TCM above yours!

    Lauren
     
  8. ...way to go, Lauren!!! :-)
    Now, if we could get a couple dozen more... Again, not sure if anyone at TCM really checks these out, but it's worth a shot!
     
  9. Aaahh Stage Door...one of my favorites - such a brilliant cast

    Ginger Rogers
    Katharine Hepburn
    Ann Miller
    Lucille Ball
    Eve Arden

    Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment